Do you need a new or refreshed company logo? You have many options when it comes to logo design, and you want to make the best option that is right for your business.
Sometimes it's difficult to know what to look for, what to ask for, and to understand the difference between the various options. Unless you're a graphic designer, you may not know all of the use cases to think through when selecting a logo, fonts, and colors to represent your brand. This blog post is intended to help you think through the best option, and to share how LimeLight Marketing works with clients on logo design.
What's The Logo Design Process Include?
Choosing an individual or team to design your company logo is an important decision. It is often the first thing people see when they visit your website, walk into your retail store or engage on social media.
All of our branding packages follow a standard design process. Here's a glimpse into what the process entails and how you as the client will be involved.
- Your project manager will send you an initial client intake survey to help us understand your preferences and requirements for your logo and branding.
- They will then schedule a Discovery call to talk through the information you shared and ensure we have a good understanding of what you are looking for. Some clients have specific ideas and direction they want us to work with while others give an open slate and ask us to lead the direction.
- Your design team will research your company, your industry and your top competitors online. Your logo is much more than a combination of fonts, colors and design so we put in the extra effort to differentiate you from others and make you stand out.
- The fun part - creative brainstorm and sketching out multiple design concepts and possible directions. Before deciding on a direction with a logo, our team takes the freedom to sketch and play with multiple design options. We allow a few hours to test and concept before committing to a direction because we know this is when the best ideas are born.
- Design or illustration starts with the selected concepts. This includes the selection of fonts, colors, and visual icons that work harmoniously to bring a logo to life.
- Internal review, feedback and edits. Your design team will bring their best work - generally 3-5 designs - to our larger team. This team of 5-7 marketers, designers and content specialists give our feedback to fine-tune the designs into the very best options for you.
- Client presentation of 3 logo concepts. Your project manager and lead designer will meet with you to present 3 logo concepts and talk through each of them so that you understand the meaning of the design, the color choice and the inspiration behind the work.
- Edits to the logo design of your choice. Once in a while we nail it on the first time! But generally clients love what they see, and ask to see their favorite logo in a few different options - maybe a color modification, or the font from another logo we designed.
- Design of the final deliverables. Once you've fallen in love and selected your logo, we begin creating the deliverables based on the branding package you've selected. (see below)
Logo Design Packages
We create branding packages for companies of all sizes, from start-ups to national companies with full in-house marketing teams. We have 3 branding packages that allow you to select a package that aligns to your needs and budget, and we will customize any of the packages below.
- 3 initial logo designs
- A robust file package for both web and print
- Style Guide with typography, color palette, branding guidelines
- Everything above plus
- Business card, letterhead and envelope design
- Everything above plus
- Social media graphics
- Email signature designed with HTML
A Few Examples of Logos We've Designed
These examples of our work show the final logo the client chose as the largest logo at top with the three options they were given at the bottom.
Logo Design Frequently Asked Questions
How much does branding package cost?
- Our branding packages start at $3,000. Clients who purchase branding with a website project or marketing program receive a discounted rate.
How long does the process take?
- 3-4 weeks on average. Much of it depends on how long the client wants to review designs and provide feedback. We've met quicker timelines, so let us know what you need and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Will I have full rights to all of the files and deliverables?
- Yes. You paid for the work and it all belongs to you to use as you like.
Can your team do illustrated logos?
- Yes! Check out the designs above for Next Generation Insurance Family to see an example of an illustrated logo.
Want to work with us?
We would love to work with you to design a logo and branding package that helps your business stand out! Contact us today to get started.